Thursday, January 7, 2010

Frying with olive oil?

I always take care of myself regarding what I eat, trying to get as many healthy food as possible, so I always use olive oil for salads, when making spaghetti's or pasta, and when I want to fry something. Recently, a friend told me that she watched on TV that, when you use olive oil for frying, it does a lot of damage to the body. Is that true?Frying with olive oil?
Olive oil will smoke at a lower temperature than other oils. Do NOT use extra-virgin olive oil, because it smokes even lower (and is too expensive to waste on frying); but you could use light olive oil. That's for light frying in a pan; don't use any olive oil in a deep fryer thoughFrying with olive oil?
I have heard that is true, (that Olive Oil is damaging once heated).


I no longer fry with it, but I use Spectrum Oil, ';Refined, for high heat';. They have many oils, for all different temperatures.





If you visit the Spectrum Oil site, you can learn more about it. I usually buy it in the Natural Foods Section, or Health Food Store.
some doctors say that olive oil is healthy for the body, but i am not sure if that's true, olive oil is just extra substance, if you eat salads, i would put other dressings, and Cut off the Olive Oil.






for frying use regular olive oil not extra virgin olive oil. Extra virgin olive oil is healthier and best used raw on salads as a dressing or drizzled on steamed veg etc. Normal olive oil can be used for cooking and frying etc.
No, it's not a good idea. Use olive oil in your salad dressings. Olive oil doesn't have a high smoking point %26amp; that is bad for frying. Olive oil is a healthy oil but not for frying.
Olive oil is way too good quality of an oil to waste frying - use canola oil for frying...
No

No comments:

Post a Comment