Thursday, January 7, 2010

Olive oil for skin care?

What do you think of using olive oil topically as a skin treatment instead of lotion??Olive oil for skin care?
Don't see anything wrong with it at all. I actually use it on my scalp, or sometimes mix it w/ my conditioner.


I'm not sure how you will apply it directly to your skin, because you wouldn't want to be greasy all day. But I know you can mix it in with your body butter etc.


I think it will do wonders for your skin. Use very little though, so that you won't walk around shiny all day. lol


That's truly a natural alternative to the drugstore lotions. :)Olive oil for skin care?
highly inflammable!!!
I had just recommended this to another question! I use nothing but Extra Virgin Olive Oil! I thought it would give me an oily face but it doesn't. It's really quite remarkable how the skin just drinks it in. My skin tone is now even, my tiny lines have disappeared and best of all, my face isn't dry and tight any more. The trick is to use just a few drops. A little goes a long way.


I highly recommend trying it. You will become a loyal user!


Also, once a week I use Welleda Rose Oil. This stuff is like little drops of gold! I just dab a tiny bit around my eyes and it's like watching my skin go back to when I was a teenager!


People have been using natural oils for centuries! There is a good reason for that!
umm I used it on my butt recently and got 3 huge pimples :P





switched over to coconut oil and shea butter. WAY BETTER.
I gave up petro-chem lotions and such a long time ago. My favorite light oil for skin care is sunflower because of the natural vitamin e content. However, expeller pressed extra-virgin olive oil has no chemical residues and many of my non-petrol friends prefer olive oil over sunflower.





Your skin will look a lot better being fed food, rather than toxic petro-chemicals. Not only that, but you will be avoiding chemicals that are absorbed through your skin and wreak havoc on your internal organs - so you'll feel better and have less risks for skin cancer, cancer of other organs, liver diseases, kidney disorders, neurological disorders and more.





The cosmetic industry in the United States is a national scandal. The ingredients are known toxins, carcinogens, allergens and worse. I'm happy to see another person moving to a more healthy lifestyle.





When switching to natural, remember that a tiny bit goes a long way. Put the oils on your skin for about 10-15 minutes. Most of it will be sucked right into your cells - improving their health and improving cell functions. Whatever has not been absorbed, just rub off with a nice cotton cloth. Your skin will NOT look greasy - but will have healthy glow from the very happy, well-fed cells.





for more, click my picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment