Thursday, January 7, 2010

Olive oil applied to hair?

I heard that putting extra virgin olive oil on your hair about 1/2-1 hour before showering can help to keep hair healthy and shiny. After researching it on the internet, I'm still skeptical.





1. Does this work? :P





if so...





2. How long before showering should I apply it?


3. How much and for how long?


4. Will it come off easily (water and oil don't mix??)


5. Will it have any side effects, or leave you hair looking greasy?


6. Should I use conditioner the same day?Olive oil applied to hair?
Whether your hair gets oily from will really depend on your hair type. there are coarse hair types that will not get oily after using oils because their hair needs the moisture because it's so dry. I sometimes put a little coconut oil in my hair right before I take a warm shower and rinse my hair while in the shower and I was satisfied with the results that I'd do it again. Sorry, I haven't done it in a few months so I don't remember the exact results, I just noticed that it did make my hair better and more moisturized. I don't wash it out.





If you have hair that's susceptible to oiliness then using just a very small amount, rinsing while in the shower and shampooing/conditioning might get it out. You might have to shampoo more than once depending on the shampoo you use.Olive oil applied to hair?
yes it does work


apply it for atleats 2 hours before showering


apply it to your scalp and the ends of your hair so it will prevent split ends


it will come off easily


it does have sideeffects just for a day or two


do not use conditioner on the same day
Hi, I've done this......I found it difficult to get the oil from my hair. Perhaps I did not do something correctly?? I have used a couple tablespoons of Mayo before and I think it works well. Some people suggest rinsing with a teaspoon of vinegar in a cup of water. Good Luck.....Mo
I know it is good for your body. But, I my self never used it on my hair. Why don't you just test a little bit of your hair with the olive oil and first see how that turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment