Saturday, December 26, 2009

I've seen the salad before...it's got fresh mozz,fresh basil leaves.roma tomatoes,drizzled with Olive Oil.....

How to make this simple salad and am I missing any other ingiendients...I forget the name of tht salad but he LOVES it....thank you!!!I've seen the salad before...it's got fresh mozz,fresh basil leaves.roma tomatoes,drizzled with Olive Oil.....
Caprese salad. You have the ingredients. I love it too.I've seen the salad before...it's got fresh mozz,fresh basil leaves.roma tomatoes,drizzled with Olive Oil.....
add balsamic vinegar ,if concerned about colour use white balsamic,also add a touch of sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
A spin on this also makes a great appetizer. Use the larger cherry tomatos. Hollow them out, wrap a piece of mozzerella in the basil leaf and stuff the tomato. Drizzle the tray with the oil and vinegar, and salt/pepper.
Caprese it is. In many restaurants they will drizzle just a bit of balsamic as well, though I understand that in Italy the tradition is only olive oil. A bit of coarse salt will bring out the flavors in the tomato too. Use good mozzarella. This is one of my favorites too.
A sprinkle of oregano.

No comments:

Post a Comment