Saturday, December 26, 2009

Olive Oil or ApHOGEE products?

I starting my hair journey next week and i would like to know what products would work better on my hair and what products do you recommendOlive Oil or ApHOGEE products?
I'm not sure what you mean by ';hair journey';, there are a variety of products on the market that work well. Personally I am not a fan of a lot of oils on the hair because they weigh my hair down and it looks very greasy/oily. So unless you have unusually dry, brittle hair, you don't need a lot of oil.


You should always use a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, a leave-in conditioner, and a light pommade when you style your hair. A deep conditioner once a week helps keep the hair moisturized.


I use the Aphogee reconstructor, but I was not pleased with their shampoo. I have never used the Olive Oil products, probably because I'm very happy with the products I do use. I always tell people to check out the Aveeda line of products. I'm a big fan of Paul Mitchell, Nexxus, Rusk, and even Garnier Fructis. Really, it's what works best for your hair, and it's trial and error before you find what works best for your hair.Olive Oil or ApHOGEE products?
You can use both. I haven't used Aphogee in years and it never worked well on my permed hair, and I have no plans to use it on my natural hair. I use mainly natural butters and oils on my hair. Shea butter and mango butter I use. I use shea butter when I want lasting moisture and it also makes my skin soft. I use mango butter because it's light on my hair and it also makes my skin soft, lol. I use pure olive oil for baggying and sealing in moisture. I also use jojoba oil for the same thing. There are different natural butters and oils you can use and you can find some oils in your grocer's cooking isle, like grapeseed oil - they are MUCH cheaper than buying online.





My hairdresser also recommended to me curl activator. It has all the ingredients your hair needs to be healthy and retain moisture. It keeps your hair curly and gives it all day moisture. The only problem I had with it was it was a bit greasy, but that could be the kind I bought (Hawaian Silky (cream) Curl Activator and it had a nice sweet smell to it. Many naturals swear by S-curl, but there are many you can choose from.





Right now, I use the BioInfusion line of products that are exclusive to Walgreens. They have organic shampoos and conditioners that won't dry your hair. I use their Olive Oil deep conditioner and their Olive Oil hydrating creme. I also use their leave-in. So far, I haven't found anything better and I've spent money on different kinds of products, mostly those used for perms and I've found they don't work well on my natural hair - too much build-up and none of them helped to define my curls. Many naturals also swear by the Panteen Natural and Relaxed line of products, but I haven't tried it. As a natural be prepared to spend money on many products until you find something your hair loves.





The products you use will depend on your hair type. Right now I have a combination of small 4ab coils and some looser 3-type coils. The 3 hair responds better to light moisturizers like mango butter, but the 4a hair needs something heavier and sometimes I find the 3 hair is hard from the heavy products. Or, the 4a hair is very dry from the light moisturizers. You can also mix natural oils and butters as well as mix them with your other products like shampoos and conditioners. I mix a little jojoba oil in my conditioner, deep conditioner, and leave-in for extra moisture. I also add jojoba to my daily moisturizers, too.





Congratulations on going natural, I've been natural for about 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment