Saturday, December 26, 2009

I've seen the salad before...it's got fresh mozz,fresh basil leaves.roma tomatoes,drizzled with Olive Oil.....

How to make this simple salad and am I missing any other ingiendients...I forget the name of tht salad but he LOVES it....thank you!!!I've seen the salad before...it's got fresh mozz,fresh basil leaves.roma tomatoes,drizzled with Olive Oil.....
For this Ensalada you have all of the ingredients. Mind you I use a lot of roma tomatoes, however, not in this salad. I use vine ripened tomatoes or heirlooms, if I can afford them) but a round tomato works better for me and has more juice. I simply slice the tomatoes, not too thinly, slice the mozzarella, and circle a salad plate one slice tomato one slice of the cheese then another slice tomato and so forth to join the circle and tomato %26amp; cheese slice in the centre. Tear some basil leaves over it with a little salt (I use table salt) and fresh cracked black pepper and drizzle the extra virgin olive oil and it's done.





We're Italian and that is how we do it anyway.I've seen the salad before...it's got fresh mozz,fresh basil leaves.roma tomatoes,drizzled with Olive Oil.....
Thank you Report Abuse

olive oil is optional IMO. Good quality reduced balsamic, is essential. Plus some salt and pepper. And of course some nice crusty bread. Hmmmm...


(It's Caprese Salad btw)
shy maybe of a little fresh ground salt and pepper, thats the whole thing. Its mostly a tomato and moz. salad


Bon Appetit
K M is totally right. I would add some good balsamic vinegar. And it is call caprese salad. It's really good. Sprinkle it with a little coarse sea salt and cracked black pepper. It makes the flavors come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment